Welcome to the TerraFirmaCraft Wiki! If you are here you either can't find something, you want to help, or maybe you're just new to the mod or wikis in general. Well, we're here to help you out.
Can't Find Something
If you can't find something, check the bottom of the page in the blocks tab below. If it's not there, type it in the search bar in the top right. The results should show either that page, or a page that's similar to what you were searching for.
Want to Help?
Before you can just edit the wiki, you will first need to get Kittychanley's approval. Go to the TFC Forums, create an account there and meet at least one of the requirements listed in this thread. Once you meet the requirements, create a post making sure to include your wiki username so that Kittychanley or the bureaucrats are able to promote your wiki account to a "Trusted" status (your wiki account is not directly linked to your forum account, which is why you must make one of each). This a manual process, so remember that it may take some time before your account is promoted.
Don't know what to do? New to the mod or the wiki?
If can't figure out what to do or what a wiki is, well, a wiki is a website meant mainly as a guide. The experienced can aid the inexperienced by contributing to various pages that anyone (assuming you're at least a Trusted user) can edit. It helps you by giving you a push in the right direction if you're stuck, but it isn't meant take the fun out of the mod. If you're new to the mod, then check out the guides located on the front page. If there are any changes you would like to suggest to the wiki, but are unable to, add a new topic to the page's discussion tab, or post a reply on this thread.
- What is the current status of TFC?
- TFC is still considered to be in Beta. As such please be aware that there are still bugs being found and ongoing development and implementation of content, features and documentation.
- Is there a list of already known bugs available?
- A list of known bugs for the current version of TFC can be found in the Support section of the forums HERE
- Can I put TFC in my modpack?
- TFC is licensed under GNU GPL v3. You can use Terrafirmacraft in your modpack, public or private, as long as you don't directly make money from distributing it (server donations are fine). If possible, please link to the mod's website, so people know where it came from. However, it should be noted that we do not support the use of the Technic/Tekkit launcher. If you wish to use a Technic Pack, you are not allowed to advertise it on our forums, and any issues such as bugs and crashes that happen while using a Technic Pack will not receive support on these forums.
- Is TFC trying to be as realistic as possible?
- No, the aim of TFC is to bring some much needed believability to Minecraft. This means that sometimes realism is compromised for the sake of game-play while still trying to present a world that feels like it could actually exist.
- Aren't you making things too complicated?
- That's really up to the player themselves to determine. Doing even simple tasks can take a while in TFC. We believe this adds to the sense of achievement.
- What about feature X? It's not very believable!
- TFC is very much still under heavy development. There are whole sections of the mod that aren't even implemented yet. If something doesn't seem to make sense, I ask you you look past it for now and wait for the final product to make your judgement.
- Is this mod compatible with X mod?
- I have no idea. This mod uses forge and tries not to edit base classes when it can help it. However it does a lot of things that no API can help with so it must edit some base classes. As long as you aren't using anything else that edits base classes, there should be no issues usually. You will probably run into problems with recipes in those other mods. If you need to use some item that is disabled, there is an option in TFCOptions.cfg to enable vanilla recipes which will often times allow you to convert TFC items to their vanilla counterparts.
- Why can't I find Kapok saplings?
- It is a design decision to make getting kapok saplings impossible. This is partially a balance issue (I know I could let you have small trees if I wanted), but it also has two other reasons behind it. It introduces a concept to lumber that is lacking, scarcity. You might have all the wood you could need for a while if you start in a jungle biome but you'll find out sooner or later that it all goes away and you'll never again have purple planks unless you find another jungle. It also raises awareness to the very real problem that we face on earth of our jungles being wiped out by systematic logging. (I'm no tree-hugger, but this sad).
- My axe/chisel only lasts a single use?
- You installed forge wrong, you probably put Modloader on top of forge....
- I posted something on the Update Wiki page and it hasn't been done yet?
- We here work on the wiki on our own time, we also try to make it clean and clear for you to understand.
- Why are ores so hard to find?
- That is the way Bioxx intended for it, but don't worry they are in big clusters when you do find them.
- What do the thin trees do?
- Congratulations, you found a fruit tree! Read more about them here.
- Where is the flint?
- You most likely found a "rock" instead of flint because the whole system for the stone age was updated go here to learn more about the new system.
- How do I use the new chisel options?
- First you need a chisel and a hammer in your toolbar. Then press "M" to cycle through the different options when chiseling: Smooth, Stair ,or Slabs.
|Construction||Barrels • Blueprints • Bricks • Firepit • Plank Blocks • Protection Meter • Quern • Smooth Stone • Straw & Hide Bed • Support Beams • Thatch|
|Environment||Altitude • The Player • Calendar • Cobblestone • Logs • Mobs • Saplings • Seasons • Stone • Temperature • Trees|
|Food||Agriculture • Animal Husbandry • Berries • Fruit Trees|
|Materials||Charcoal • Coal • Double Ingots • Double Sheets • Flux • Gems • Gunpowder • Hides • Ingots • Leather • Lumber • Minerals • Pottery • Redstone/Powders • Sheets • Sticks • Straw • Unshaped Metal • Wool|
|Metalworking||Alloys • Anvils • Armor • Bellows • Blast Furnace • Bloomery • Tool Molds • Crucible • Forge • Gold Pan • Metals • Ores • Sluice|
|Tools & Weapons||Arrows • Axe • Buckets • Chisel • Firestarter • Flint & Steel • Hammer • Hoe • Javelin • Knife • Mace • Pickaxe • Prospector's Pick • Saw • Shovel • Sword • Scythe • Shears • Spindle|
|Other||Crafting Differences • Item Index|