terrafirmacraft:item.16261 - 16266, 16268, 16272, 16275
Metal Prospector's Pick
Metal Prospector's Picks can only be made from tool metals. They can be cast in ceramic molds, or worked on a metal anvil.
- Main article: Casting
|Making the Clay Tool Mold||Firing the Mold|
Place an empty or partially filled Prospector's Pick mold into the slot to fill it with metal from the vessel. It takes 100 units of metal to completely fill an empty Ceramic Mold. The text in the vessel's GUI will be updated to show the amount of metal remaining in the vessel.
To fill the Prospector's Pick mold from a ceramic ingot mold, right click the liquid unshaped ingot to open the casting interface:
Put the ceramic Prospector's Pick mold in the second input slot and wait for the filled mold to finished.
|Removing the Head from the Mold||Finishing the Prospector's Pick|
- Main article: Working
Prospector's Pick Heads can also be crafted by using ingots on an anvil with a hammer. This is the only option for higher tier metals that cannot be cast. The durability depends both on the metal used and the skill of the smith forging the tool.
Smithing the Prospector's Pick Head
|Punch, Last||Draw, Not Last||Bend, Not Last|
Finishing the Prospector's Pick
Prospector's Picks are be used to find and identify Ores & Minerals. To use a prospector's pick, right click on any block to get a reading. Depending on how many ore blocks are within the scanned area, the propick will return readings including: Found nothing of interest. Found traces of, Found a small sample of, Found a medium sample of, Found a large sample of, and Found a very large sample of. If the prospector's pick is used directly on an ore block, it will give a reading of Found.
- The prospector's pick scans for ore in a 25x25x25 area centered on the targeted block.
- The prospector's pick estimates the concentration of ore in an area.
- The prospector's pick is not fully accurate, and will return false negatives frequently.
- Main article: Achievements
|Icon||Achievement||In-game description||Prerequisites||Actual requirements (if different)|
|Chalcolithic!||Cast something in metal to enter the Copper Age||No stone unturned||Fill a tool mold in a ceramic vessel filled with liquid metal.|
|v2 Build 17||Prospecting the same block again no longer provides a "You've already Prospected Here" message and instead continues to provide the same reading.|
|v2 Build 38||Using a propick directly on an ore block will tell you exactly what type of ore that you're looking at.|
|v2 Build 45||Propick vertical scan radius doubled to 25x25x25 blocks from 25x25x13.|
|v2 Build 47||Removed Stone Propick recipe.|
- The prospector's pick is best used to determine where ore isn't, which can be used to triangulate the location of ore. Using the prospector's pick is a logic puzzle based on elimination of possibilities.
- Digging where the prospector's pick returns the strongest reading is an exercise in frustration.
- The prospector's pick has a shorter scanning range than the requirement for small ore pieces to spawn. If using the prospector's pick on the surface in an area where small ore pieces are found, and only negative readings are given, it means that the vein is deeper underground.
- It is typically a good idea to check multiple blocks when searching for ore in order to prevent false negatives from ruining your day.
- Some situations (scattered veins or different types of veins in the same area) make using the prospector's pick more difficult. You will need to find a method that works for you.
- If the language is set to Canadian English and the player gets a negative reading, they will get a chat message stating, Sorry, found nothing of interest. This is a joke on stereotypical Canadian politeness and constant apologizing.
|Construction||Barrels • Blueprints • Bricks • Firepit • Plank Blocks • Protection Meter • Quern • Smooth Stone • Straw & Hide Bed • Support Beams • Thatch|
|Environment||Altitude • The Player • Calendar • Cobblestone • Logs • Mobs • Saplings • Seasons • Stone • Temperature • Trees|
|Food||Agriculture • Animal Husbandry • Berries • Fruit Trees|
|Materials||Charcoal • Coal • Double Ingots • Double Sheets • Flux • Gems • Gunpowder • Hides • Ingots • Leather • Lumber • Minerals • Pottery • Redstone/Powders • Sheets • Sticks • Straw • Unshaped Metal • Wool|
|Metalworking||Alloys • Anvils • Armor • Bellows • Blast Furnace • Bloomery • Tool Molds • Crucible • Forge • Gold Pan • Metals • Ores • Sluice|
|Tools & Weapons||Arrows • Axe • Buckets • Chisel • Firestarter • Flint & Steel • Hammer • Hoe • Javelin • Knife • Mace • Pickaxe • Prospector's Pick • Saw • Shovel • Sword • Scythe • Shears • Spindle|
|Other||Crafting Differences • Item Index|